These past two months or so I have discovered some new, and very lovely beauty products, that I literally cannot live without. I thought I would write a blog post and share the love. With all the things that people are starting to ‘bulk buy’ in these very sad and confusing times – these are items I have started to buy multiples of as I cannot live without them. These 9 products are items that have helped my lifestyle, they have cured my insecurities and made me feel amazing. So why would I not share them?
- You might be counting and thinking there are 10 items – but I have placed the Elvive Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner as one. First off – always buy more shampoo as you will always use more. I have greasy hair, and always have had – this shampoo was recommend to me by my amazing hairdresser (sister) as I said to her I really need a new shampoo and it has to be for greasy hair and it has to say for OILY hair on the bottle. And it does…
This shampoo and conditioner from Elvive has changed my hair and it worked so quickly too. It cleans my hair and I do not need to clean it for at least 3 maybe 4 days after – which is a long time for me. It really does work. I always buy more shampoo bottles and only from Superdrug as they are always on offer there. This shampoo is gold dust to me as it leave my hair light, clean and fresh even after a few days in. What more could you want from something that does exactly what it says on the tin? It is affordable and effective. SOLD!
2. Another hair product is this hair spritz that I picked up in Superdrug when I was looking around a few months back and asked on my Instagram stories if anyone had heard of it. Some of my followers had and raved about it. It is Superdrug’s Argan Hair Therapy 10 in 1 Multipurpose Spray. OMG how amazing it really is will surprise you. I used to use Frizz Ease but started to feel it was weighing my hair down and making it greasy. This spray is light, smells amazing, makes my hair soft and protects it. Which is just perfect, especially, as I am using more heat on my hair by blow drying it more frequently. This pray is £3.99 and does these ten things…
Helps to reduce frizz
Hair feels moisturised
Leaves hair feeling soft
Helps to protect against environmental stress
Helps to improve look and feel of dry and damaged hair
Helps improve the appearance of split ends
Leaves hair feeling repaired
All for £4! I spray on damp hair and leave on for 10 minutes and then blow dry and I feel so much better for it. Its that little bottle of TLC that your hair needs.
3. Now for some make up. I have been trying lots of foundations, eye pallets, lipsticks and so much more but these three items I cannot live without and if I went away (which I have recently) I would have to 100% pack these items. I have tried all types of mascaras but this £6.99 Maybelline Colossal Mascara is easy and its slick on application is effective and everything you need in a mascara. It has a large brush – which I prefer – as it makes your lashes have more volume and it simply makes my eyelashes look bloody amazing. Long, full and it lasts all day long. The moment I add the mascara you can see the difference.
4. Another thing I have started to do with the help of my amzazing sister is the perfect cat eye eye-liner and trust me it takes a lot of practice. It doesn’t help if you have a thick and gloopy eye liner pen. I brought 3 or 4 and they were not easy to use. The ink was hard when I was drawing the lines out and I felt like I had to push really hard or place the pen at a strange angle. That was until my sister gave me the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Liner. The eyeliner opens up my eyes and makes me look different – I have been told my eyes pop more as they look more of an almond shape. I use it when I go out for special occasions or date nights but this eyeliner is a game changer. Easy to use, it slides on and stays put all night long.
5. I recently went out and was shocked when I couldn’t find any lip balm in my bag. I never leave the house without 2 – so when I could not find one I started to panic. Luckily I was in a shopping center so went into boots and spotted the Nivea Lip Balm i Watermelon Shine – I am a picky lip balm shopper as I hate when the lip balms are too oily but when they are too thick I feel like I am wearing a old lip gloss. This lip balm is so soothing, hydrating and when you apply around 3/4 coats it leaves your lips in the perfect cherry shade of pink. Perfect for the summer holidays. I like my lips to look more pink but find it hard as I always suffer with dry and irritable lips, not anymore! I brought 2 more already. One for my ‘baby/kid’ bag and one in my car.
6. Well well well – what can I say about the Batiste Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair? What a game changer. If I am tired and cannot be bothered to wash my hair, or if I want extra volume in my hair or if my grey hairs are showing this bottle does it all and I could never live without it! I brought the one for Brunettes and did not like it so much as it still left white residue behind. When this happened I just left it in for a few minutes, flipped my hair over, and then shook it up. But…the dark hair bottle is a dream in a bottle and I am on my third one. Like I said when my greys are showing I spray this and it covers them up, hair looking flat I add this magic spray in and I look brand new. Stocking up on it as I speak!
7. Since coming back from New York my sleeping habits were really bad and getting me down. I was tossing and turning all night long and not falling into a deep sleep. I used lots of sprays and lotions and potions and then I spotted this Feather & Down Pillow Spray on Amazon and thought I would try it. It smells lovely – sweet but not too much like lavender. It also includes Chamomile which just makes it smell like dreams in a bottle. I spray on 5/6 sprays on my pillow before bed and can smell it all night long. So nice and not expensive at all – like other sprays I have tried.
8. I went into Poundland recently to buy some items for Mother’s Day when I spotted this generous size of Bath Crystals that have rose petals in them and thought I would give them a go. OMG – they are amazing. I poured some into the bath and they worked a treat to calm and relax me and I slept so good afterwards too. The crystals are actually £2 but that is still very cheap and I went back and brought another two bottles. I also love the glass bottles as I always reuse them with artificial flowers around the house, or give them to the boys and they tend to fill with sand and treasure maps!
9. Lastly, the product that keeps on giving – Jasmine Oil. It helps to relax you, it boosts self-confidence and sensuality as well as improving mood, overcoming stress and balancing hormones. I know right – sign me up. I brought this bottle in January and use it every day and it has barely budged!! A little goes a long way. I place on my temples behind my ears and on my wrists and it acts like perfume too. For years, Jasmine has been popular for its sweet, romantic fragrance and has been used in some of the world’s best-known perfumes, including Chanel No. I know can you believe it?! I love this scent and carry it everywhere with me. It does come out yellow so be careful when wearing white. But it is truly worth it.
I thought I would share my new lovely products as I brought each and every one of them and have used them for 2 months solid and do not plan on stopping.
Do you use any of the above and what do you think? Please do leave a comment and let me know. Hope you enjoyed this blog post.